Archive for the 'fun' Category
I took a little walk after sun set yesterday and here are some pics of the walking trail and lake where I live.
This place is so beautiful I really love it here!! It’s nice and quiet….the neighbors are friendly except my neighbors dog who loves to bite, will have to keep an eye on her.
I’m all moved in and expecting all my friends and family to come together on Saturday for a big party!!! Should be lots of fun!
This past week a friend and I started a new work out program(new for us) it is called Zumba…we are having so much fun. If you have not heard of it you need to check it out.
Zumba is a dance fitness program created by dancer and choreographer Alberto “Beto” Perez in Colombia during the 1990s. The program combines Latin and international music with dance in an effort to make exercise fun.
The Zumba workout provides fitness benefits because its routines feature interval training sessions with fast and slow rhythms and resistance training, which are intended to tone and sculpt the body while burning fat.
Music is the key ingredient to Zumba classes. The score, created with specific beats and tempo changes, transitions the workout from one toning, strengthening or cardio move to another, and targets every major muscle group in the body. The Zumba program borrows Latin flavor from the following dance styles: Cumbia, Salsa, Merengue, Mambo, Flamenco, Chachacha, Reggaeton, Samba, Belly dancing, Bhangra, Hip Hop, and Tango.
Here are pics from my new massage office I have really enjoyed the last three months getting to know the residents at the retirement facility that I am now working at. They are very friendly and always stop by to visit and share stories about their lives.
A few weeks ago they talked me into singing for their happy hour….boy was that something. I did a little Patsy Cline and they seemed to really enjoy my singing and have asked me back when I’m ready. I’m not so sure that will happen but it was fun.
A friend sent me this cute clip and I wanted to share it with you all I hope you enjoy!!!!
Brazilian Butt Sculpter
What you’ll need: A pair of 3- to 5-pound dumbbells and a stability ball.
Targets: Shoulders, triceps, abs, glutes, legs
- Lie facedown on ball with palms on floor, abs engaged, back flat, legs extended 3 feet apart and toes on floor.
- Squeeze glutes to lift legs as high as you can.
- Hold up for 1 count, then bring feet together.
- Separate legs; lower. Do 15 reps
- Sit on ball with back straight, abs engaged, feet on floor and a dumbbell in each hand, elbows bent, palms in.
- Keeping upper body still and right knee bent, lift right foot 6 inches while swinging left arm forward and right arm back (as if running).
- Return to start. Switch sides; repeat. Do 20 reps, alternating sides.
Curtsy Lunge/Lateral Raise
a. Stand with feet hip-width apart, a dumbbell in right hand, right arm by side, left hand on hip. Lunge left leg back behind right leg.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent, arms extended in front of you at shoulder level.
- Keeping back flat and abs engaged, hinge forward from hips and slide right leg back, toes pointed out.
- Lift right leg as high as you can.
- Curl right foot toward butt; release.
- Return to start. Do 15 reps. Switch legs; repeat.